Heswall and Pensby Group Practice
270 Telegraph Road, Heswall, Merseyside, CH60 7SG
Current time is 19:24 - Sorry, we're currently closed. Please call NHS 111
Telephone: 0151 342 2811cmicb-wi.gatekeeper-N85007@nhs.net
Latest News (click title to open):
Wirral CAMHS 0-18 Service
The 0-18 Wirral CAMHS team is a community based specialist service providing mental health assessments and evidence based psychological treatments for children and young people with moderate to severe mental health difficulties, which is where mental health difficulties are having a significant impact upon day to day functioning.
Their aim is to provide a service that works in partnership with families/carers, is person and family centred and is focused on the needs of the child/young person. They offer assessments and treatment based on goals identified by the family, adopting a multi-agency approach for children & young people presenting with the following concerns:
- Anxiety and depression, for example phobias, social anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), where there is a significant and enduring impact on the young person’s daily life.
- Trauma. This covers both ‘single event’ Post-Traumatic Disorder and ‘developmental trauma’ where there is a significant impact on daily life.
- Emotional dysregulation with significant instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image and mood and impulsive behaviour or significant self-harm.
- Eating disorders, in partnership with the Cheshire and Merseyside Adolescent Eating Disorder Service (CHEDS).
- Attachment disorder – having a significant impact on family and social functioning.
- Suspected Psychosis – Many young people have puzzling experiences (for example, voice hearing) as part of another mental health issue (e.g. anxiety) and they work with these young people, focusing on the core mental health need. However they also work with/signpost to the local Early Intervention Team where symptoms of psychosis are evident.
For further information, click here.